Laurentian offers a variety of undergraduate, graduate-level, and doctorate degrees. The university programs specialize in many fields, including arts, social sciences, technology, natural sciences, engineering, mining, geophysics, health, business management, finance, and forensics.
Laurentian has developed an international reputation for research excellence and is one of the Province＊s leading research universities on sectors relevant to the economy in the North, such as:?
1)?? ?mining, minerals exploration, and environmental stewardship,?
2)?? ?northern, rural and occupational health,?
3)?? ?Indigenous and ally-led research, and?
Laurentian has access to a number of funding opportunities that facilitate partnerships with?the private,?public and not-for-profit sectors. The following are examples of collaborative funding opportunities that could be of interest to our current and future partners:
- Solve your research challenges with academic expertise, leveraged funding, and one-to-one support from Mitacs.
- Get help with your innovation activities from outstanding students who develop innovative projects designed to help an organization thrive.
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC)
- Supports R&D collaborations between Canadian university researchers and partners from the private, public or not-for-profit sectors, as well as opportunities for Canadian researchers to work with national and international academic counterparts.
Ontario Centre for Innovation (OCI)?
- ?Supports the collaboration between Academia and Industry to solve an industry-based problem and drive the commercialization of Intellectual Property.?
- Support for current?and recent undergraduate or Masters graduates, to work on industry-driven research and development projects related to Next Generation Network (NGN) technologies at Ontario-based SMEs using the Centre of Excellence in Next Generation Networks (CENGN) platform.
To discuss a partnership funding opportunity that meets your research needs, please contact:
Christopher McTiernan? ? ? ? ? ? ? ??
Research Advisor? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ??
705-675-1151 ext. 3406? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
firstname.lastname@example.org ?? ?
705-675-1151 x 2423
For any questions related to intellectual property and university collaborations, please contact:
Director, Research and Innovation